What is the URG Dive Club?
The URG Dive Club is the Underwater Research Group of New South Wales, and is a non commercial organisation of people who share an interest in, and a commitment to the underwater world. Its aim is to further all aspects of underwater exploration, research, safety, photography and sport. The URG Dive Club was formed in September 1953. The URG Dive Club is a company limited by guarantee (ACN 000 290 988).
Who are the members?
The URG Dive Club has people from all walks of life and age groups. Some are mainly interested in marine biology, others wrecks and photography. We all have one thing in common, – a strong interest in the underwater world!
Who runs the URG dive club?
A committee of minimum 7 is elected by club members once a year. The committee meets monthly to formulate club policy and determine the activity program for the following months. The committee may also appoint sub committees to perform specific tasks such as organising special events, fund raising or maintenance of assets.
- President: John Turnbull
- Vice President: John Velarde
- Secretary: Denise Lawler
- Treasurer: Janet Abbott
- Dive Officer: Pablo Bolomey
- Equipment Officer: Michael Abbott
- Research Officer: John Turnbull
- Research Co-ordinator: Kris O’Keeffe
- Safety Officer: John Velarde
- Web Mistress & Communication Officer: Rianti Bieler
What are the benefits of becoming URG Dive Club member?
- Enjoy our own 5.8m dive boat.
- Scheduled dives every weekend.
- Frequent weekends away up and down the coast.
- Opportunities for members to organise and run their own special interest dives.
- Dive buddies from all walks of life.
- 10% discount on all goods and air fills from Frog Dive.
The URG Dive Club holds a General Meeting every 2 months where visitors are welcome to come along and meet us. For information please contact any of the committee members or check our calendar. Please address correspondence with the committee to:
The Hon. Secretary
URG Inc of NSW
PO Box A630, Sydney South 1235